Factory in Szczecin
ST³ Offshore production site was put into operation at the end of 2015. It was designed as a serial production factory of large-scale steel foundations. It is the first factory in Europe, where the steel structures are being produced constantly (during 3-shifts work schedule).
The construction site is located on the Ostrów Brdowski island, in the north part of Szczecin, 2 km from the city center. It covers an area of 220 000 m2. Around 100 000 m² is the fabrication area, the rest left as storage field for completed foundations. The storage capacity is approx. 50% of an annual production.
STORY OF THE FACILITY
- June 2013 – building permit received from West Pomeranian Voivode
- Oct. 2013 – joining the facility’s area to the Special Economic Zone “Euro-Park Mielec”
- 5.12.2013 – ground-breaking ceremony. Official start of factory building
- Dec. 2014 – Finishing of main hall steel construction
- Feb. 2015 – Finishing of painting hall steel construction
- 1 Quarter 2015 – montage of the production machines in the main hall
- 6.2015 – beginning of pier construction ( land part)
- 10.2015 – delivery of all gantry crane components
- 4 Quarter 2015 –facility receives permission of use from the West Pomeranian Construction Site Inspector
- Apr. 2016 – permission of use of gantry crane
- 2 Quarter 2016 – permission of use the pier (land and water part)